If you go to the beach or the pool a lot with your kids, chances are you go through a lot of rashvests. Last summer my boys went through three rashies each.
Rashies are fantastic for sun protection during summer however I often face the following issues:
- My boys get cold in them after a swim
- They get too hot in them if they wear them in the car on the way to the beach
- They perish quite quickly from swimming in chlorine pools
A very entrepreneurial friend of mine also faced the same issues and so she has come up with a new and improved rashie!! She has created her own line called Kids Sun Shirts. These are THE BEST rashies my kids have ever worn. Here’s why:
- Long sleeves – The Aussie sun is HOT and if you spend a few hours at the beach, I think long sleeves are essential.
- Lightweight fabric – Kids Sun Shirts are made from a moisture management fabric that it is breathable, fast drying and chlorine resistant so no more sweating, shivering or perishing. Tick tick tick.
- Colours – they come in a glorious selection of bright and pastel colours. Important for me as it makes my active boys easy to spot on a crowded beach! For girls, the mint and pastel pink are gorgeous.
And of course all Kids Sun Shirts comply with the highest rating for Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of 50+.
Kids Sun Shirt in fluoro orange* (front) and Kids Sun Shirt in turquoise* (back)
Kids Sun Shirts cost $44 each which I think is a great price for a rashie that won’t perish one month into summer and they are 100% made in Australia. These would make fantastic Christmas gifts for families with kids who like to spend time outdoors. The shirts can even be worn for sport as the breathable fabric reduces sweating. Gift vouchers are available too.
Order online at Kids Sun Shirts
Available in sizes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10
Do you face the same rashie challenges as me?
*Items gifted to me for my editorial consideration in accordance with my disclosure policy.