It’s time to start thinking about swimwear for summer. We’ve already had quite a few trips to the beach this Spring and I’ve realised my swimmers from three years ago are definitely due for replacement. I like to have one full piece and one bikini in rotation over Summer so I’ve put together the moodboard today with examples of styles I like in both categories.
Here are some things I’ve learnt about swimwear over the years:
- Bandeau styles look nice but are not that practical for swimming, diving under waves or other active pursuits
- Target have a great affordable range but for full piece swimmers, I find the higher end brands like Seafolly have really nailed the design with the added support, thicker fabrics and flattering cuts
- A ruched section does wonders for tummies
- If you spend a lot of time in chlorinated pools, you must try a cossie by Funkita. The prints are gorgeous, styles are practical and they are chlorine resistant. Both my sons wear the Funky Trunk branded swimmers (the boys section of Funkita) to their swimming lessons each week and they have not perished or lost any colour in the last 12 months
- Triangle bikini tops work well if they are the moulded style i.e. they won’t slip around and cause an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction amongst the waves
So here are my current top picks:
1. Tooty fruity single strap one piece $84.95 by Funkita; 2. Goddess twist halter one piece maillot $149.95 by Seafolly; 3. Grace halterneck in royal blue polka dot $199 by Sirens Swimwear; 4. Colour card sports top $42.50 and Colour card sports brief $42.50 by Funkita.
5. Block party high neck one piece maillot $139.95 by Seafolly; 6. Bandeau bikini top $12 and Boyleg bikini briefs $19 by Target; 7. Nightlife ruched bandeau maillot $189.95 by Isola by Megan Gale; 8. Block party high neck bikini tank top $99.95 and Block party multi strap hipster bikini pant $69.95 by Seafolly.
9. Tye dye moulded triangle contour bikini swim set $69.99 by Bras n Things; 10. Beach gypsy halter bikini top $89.95 and Beach gypsy hipster bikini split band pant $69.95 by Seafolly; 11. Shape your body one piece swimsuit $59 by Target; 12. Bondi brollies criss cross sports top $42.50 and Bibi banded brief $42.50 by Funkita.
Sirens Swimwear (number 3) has created a fantastic new way to buy and try swimmers online. I will reveal all the details as well as my backyard swimwear shoot later this week. Stay tuned.
So how is your swimmers situation at the moment? Which of these appeals to you?