Are you feeling a bit bored with a plain tee and jeans? Looking for a different but elegant dress for the races or a spring wedding? Lace can be the answer! The perfect way to make an outfit a little more interesting with a pretty touch of feminine.
For a casual outfit, combining a lace top with jeans provides a great contrast of textures. For a dressy occasion, a lace skirt or dress looks beautiful and is an easy way to create a statement look.
There are so many ways to incorporate lace into an outfit:
- A lace dress is an elegant and classic choice for a wedding or day at the races
- A lace top or a top with a small lace detail can be worn with jeans for a casual look or with smarter pants for work
- Try a lace scarf or lacey shoes to add interest to an outfit
- A lace skirt with a plain top also works well for a night out, workwear or just for fun
- Lace shorts are a great option for a boho look in summer
- Keep the rest of the outfit fairly simple as the lace should be the feature
These are my lace shorts from last summer which I wore A LOT.
Today’s moodboard features a wide variety of items with lace. If you want to give this trend a try and you’re not sure where to begin, try one of the pieces from Target’s range. They’re very affordable and some of the items incorporate lace in a more subtle way. Perfect for a lace beginner
1. Grace Hill lace shift $69 by Ezibuy; 2. Lace detail top $20 by Rockmans; 3. Capture lace skirt $35 by Ezibuy; 4. Boho Australia dover top $40 by Shabby Sisters; 5. Sherian geo lace flute hem dress $99.95 by Forever New.
6. The Mexico in white lace $59.99 by Betts Shoes; 7. Lucy lace short $35 by Sass at Birdsnest; 8. Dasia lace kaftan $79.99 by Jeanswest; 9. Lace panel top $39 by Target; 10. Lace detail scarf $29.95 by Ivys at Birdsnest.
11. Lily Loves lace insert kimono $39 by Target; 12. Grace Hill lace dress $59 by Ezibuy; 13. Lily Loves lace hem dress $25 by Target; 14. Lily Loves lace trim pencil skirt $20 by Target; 15. Urban lace dress $79.99 by Ezibuy.
Do you like to wear lace? Which of these would be your pick or picks!?