It was the new trend last summer. I never thought I’d wear it or like it. But as was the case with harem pants, kimonos and white jeans, once I tried it I LOVED it!! Hello jumpsuits and hello playsuits (the shorter variety).
I bought a playsuit from Sportsgirl last December and wore it to death over the warmer months. I even wore it on warmer evenings for a night out! (check out my Style Trial: Day to Night in a Playsuit). That’s the beauty of this style, it can be dressed up or down so easily.
So I’m excited to see lots of gorgeous jumpsuits and playsuits arriving in the stores this Spring. I’ve collated my favourites and here are some ideas on how to wear this style:
- Wear them with flat sandals or slides for a casual look
- Add a blazer and heels for a dressier look
- A black jumpsuit with silver accessories would be perfect for a more formal occasion
- Wear a navy or black jumpsuit with nude heels to work
- Over your swimmers to the beach
- With wedges and statement earrings for lunch or dinner out
1. Helma jumpsuit in navy by Philosophy Australia (call 1800 612 608 for stockists); 2. Black lace playsuit $46 by Next; 3. New Look twill utility playsuit $42 by Ezibuy; 4. Finders Keepers the departed playsuit $79.98 by Surfstitch; 5. Suzie lyocell playsuit $89.99 by Jeanswest; 6. Kath silk printed playsuit $99 by Jeanswest. 7. Victoria mixed print jumpsuit $89.99 by Jeanswest; 8. Stripe playsuit $55 by Next; 9. Lethal jumpsuit by Philosophy Australia (call 1800 612 608 for stockists).
Are you a fan of this style? Which of the above picks is your favourite?