I thought I might change things up a bit and feature a collection of items near and dear to my heart today. This is a topic I have very recent experience with as I have been busy auditing and organising my sons’ clothes for winter. I keep things very easy and very basic when it comes to dressing the little lords. I save the dressups and accessorising for myself
When it comes to dressing the boys in winter, I pretty much rely on the following:
- Comfy jeans that are easy to pull up and down
- Trackies that are comfy around the waist
- Long sleeved T-shirts
- Hoodies and vests
We don’t own a pair of fancy trousers or a waistcoat. They don’t wear woollen jumpers all that often because the boys complain of neck itch and then ask “where’s the hood?”. We tend to buy one colourful pair of sneakers and they wear those with jeans and trackies and there’s gumboots if it’s wet. And that’s it.
But I do tend to choose clothes with a beachy feel. I love blues, stripes and greys with a pop of yellow or orange. Yes they do own plenty of superhero T-shirts but for the core basics, I love a coastal pallette!! Like these gorgeous items from my favourite kidswear stores – Cotton On, Target, Next and Surfstitch. My boys are aged 3 and 5 and most of these picks come in sizes from 1 to 7.
1. Lance LS stripe tee $18.95 by Cotton On; 2. Boys flat peaker cap $27.99 by Quiksilver at Surfstitch; 3. Boys fleece sleeve denim jacket $24 by Target; 4. Roll leg bright blue jeans from $25 by Next.
5. Boys Piping Hot long sleeved printed T-shirt $12 by Target; 6. Sammy slide $10 by Cotton On; 7. Boys Piping Hot combi print sweat $20 by Target; 8. Ruben puffer vest $27.96 by Cotton On; 9. Striped beanie $8 by Target.
10. Photographic boat bomber jacket $43 by Next; 11. Riley hooded knit $24.46 by Cotton On; 12. Boys Piping Hot shark print trackpants $16 by Target; 13. Little Dude pop hood fleece $39.99 by Rip Curl at Surfstitch.
How do you dress / choose your kids’ winter clothes? What are your winter essentials?