Today’s moodboard is dedicated to those who can’t go all winter with just monochrome, greys and neutrals. This collection is for those who love to colour pop and are looking for some key statement pieces to add to their winter wardrobe.
In amongst all the greys, blacks and whites there are glimpses of winter colour to be found and while the fashion world says we should be choosing marsala (colour of the year apparently) I say choose what you love and what you feel good in. For me, that’s bright and pastel pinks, blues and greens and I wear these colours every season regardless of what’s in fashion because I like them and I think they suit me. Marsala Shmarsala.
Here are some ideas for wearing colour in winter:
- Choose a coloured coat to throw over all your neutral basics (particularly fun if you work in a corporate environment and your workwear tends to be mainly black or grey)
- Add a colourful jumper, cape or cardigan over jeans and a white T-shirt
- Wear a colourful statement dress with neutral tights, shoes and blazer
- Wear a colourful pair of shoes with jeans, a plain top and a statement necklace
- Add a bright scarf (plain or patterned) to add a quick splash of colour and interest
Here’s some inspiration:
1. Tania oversized knitted snood $29.99 by Forever New; 2. Runway to rack structured dress $119 by Target; 3. Oversized scarf $30 by Target; 4. Sadie double breasted skirted coat $99.99 by Forever New.
5. Intarsia spliced knit $99.95 by Country Road; 6. Kimono leopard print pumps $69.95 by Fiebiger Shoes; 7. Gudri jacket $110 by Boom Shankar at Birdsnest; 8. Trainer tropical mash $149.95 by Rollie Shoes.
Do you like to wear colour in winter? What’s your favourite colour to wear?