As Autumn approaches I’ve been trying to extend the life of my summer wardrobe by wearing things different ways and adding / removing layers as required. It’s rather satisfying when you discover a new way to wear an item that extends its life and reduces its cost per wear (always the goal don’t you think!). Today’s moodboard features a collection of tunic dresses which tick all the boxes for year round enjoyment and can also be dressed up or down.
Here are some ideas for wearing tunic dresses:
- Longer tunic dresses can be worn on their own with flats or heels in summer
- Add a belt if you want to give definition to your waist
- Add a cardi if the weather is cool
- Wear with leggings or jeggings in winter
- Pop a long sleeved top underneath a sleeveless tunic for added warmth
- Add a scarf, jacket and boots in cold weather
1. Tassel printed tunic $79.95 by Boo Radley at Birdsnest; 2. Print tunic $49 by Sunnygirl at Freez; 3. Vero Moda tunic in paisley print $47 by ASOS; 4. Helston tunic RRP $129 by Philosophy Australia (call 1800 612 608 for stockists).
5. Jasmine tie waist tunic dress $29 by ASOS; 6. Rock & Religion pixi embellished tunic dress $97 by ASOS; 7. Shift dress in jacquard check $68 by ASOS; 8. New look petit denim tunic dress $49 by ASOS; 9. Art attack top $39.95 by Clarity by Threadz at Birdsnest.
10. Ladybug tunic $149.95 by Metalicus; 11. Bayard tunic top RRP $149 by Philosophy Australia (call 1800 612 608 for stockists); 12. Cotton cowl tunic with draw cord $69.95 by Vigorella at Birdsnest; 13. Kaftan tunic with neck detail $99.95 by Vigorella at Birdsnest.
Do you wear tunic dresses? Is it a style you’d try?