Last week I participated in a style challenge set by Vanessa from Style and Shenanigans. She came up with five colour themes to follow along with from Monday to Friday. This was a challenge close to my colour obsessed heart. Have you ever done a style challenge? I highly recommend it for the following reasons:
- It helps guide your outfit choices each day. This is great when you have limited time in the mornings and just need some direction on what to choose
- You might get wear out of something long forgotten or ignored – great for getting value out of your clothes and reducing the cost per wear
- You get a feel for what colours suit you and what gaps you might have for the season ahead
- You’ll pick up lots of fantastic ideas from other participants if you follow the hashtag (#snscolour was the one from this challenge)
- If you choose to share a pic of your outfits on Instagram, you’re sure to get lots of lovely feedback from other participants
I think this was the first ever style challenge which I managed to participate in every day. If you’re interested in what I wore, here’s the post challenge analysis as well as my Saturday outfit which I’ve included for those with a serious colour addiction like me.
DAY 1: SHADES OF GREY
Top is from Country Road, skirt from Review, shoes by Zensu and necklace from Witchery.
DAY 2: PASTEL CENTRAL
Shirt is from Target, shorts from Mink Pink, singlet from Witchery, shoes from Betts and necklace by Formed Design Co.
DAY 3: JEWEL TONES
Dress from Target, cardigan from Esprit, slides by Country Road, necklace from Witchery and belt is too old to recall!
DAY 4: BACK TO NATURE
Shirt from Gingham and Heels, pants from Glassons, shoes from Wittner.
DAY 5: CITRUS HUES
Pants from local pop-up store, singlet top from Country Road, necklace from Alicencooper, shoes from Betts. Little lord’s PJs are from Big W.
So that was the SnS Colour Challenge! I think my favourite day was Pastel Central as I had the most options
Fittingly, the next evening I attended the Fox in Heels party to celebrate the 4th birthday of the amazing blog Fox in Flats. I wore a seriously colourful dress which could probably fit in with all the themes from the Sns Challenge! Actually, I think it needs its own theme – Rainbow Warrior perhaps…
The dress is from Sunnygirl (only $59.95!), earrings and bracelets from Lovisa, heels from Betts and spanx from Target
Did you do the SnS Colour challenge? Do you like to wear colour?