Last week I wrote a rather serious
rant post about exercise guilt and new mums. You can read about it here if you like. To balance things out, I thought I would keep today’s Moodboard Monday nice and light hearted by featuring a collection of fun playsuits and jumpsuits.
This time last year or even six months ago, I would not have dreamed of ever wearing this style. But it slowly grew on me and the more styles that were launched across both major brands and boutique stores, the more I liked it. I eventually bought a lovely printed playsuit from Sportsgirl (you can read my review here) and have never looked back. Here’s why I think it’s a great style to try:
- It can be worn with flats or thongs for a stylish casual look
- It’s length and line are like a dress so it can also be dressed up and worn on fancy occasions
- The shorts / pants component allow more physical activity without having to worry about flashing your undies
- It’s a complete outfit in one (great wardrobe efficiency on those busy mornings)
- It can focus / promote your best features – decolletage, waist, legs, shoulders etc
- Most styles work with flats or heels so you get major versatility
During the making of this moodboard, I scrolled through 286 playsuits on Surfstitch and 856 on ASOS (ok I didn’t get through all the ASOS ones!). So if you’re looking for more inspiration, those might be good sites to start with. All of my picks below are under $100.
1. Stripe playsuit $69.95 by Sussan; 2. Scuba playsuit with double layer and lace insert $68 by ASOS; 3. Floral fragments playsuit $62.90 by Mink Pink at Surfstitch; 4. Drape playsuit $39.95 by Sussan; 5. Woven playsuit with wrap detail $74 by ASOS; 6. Jenni printed jumpsuit $39.99 by Jeanswest.
7. Uptown funk playsuit $59 by St Frock; 8. Ruby romper playsuit $67.49 by Living Doll at Surfstitch; 9. The bloom plunge playsuit $65 by Lioness at Surfstitch; 10. Jungle jumpsuit $99.95 by Afends at Surfstitch; 11. Gwendolyn playsuit $59 by St Frock; 12. Skyla onesie $89.99 by Rip Curl at Surfstitch.
So are you a fan of the playsuit style? Have you tried this style and what did you think?