Do you like to wear a special dress on Christmas Day? From a young age, I’ve loved getting dressed up in a newly received dress (thanks mum) for the festive part of Christmas Day. This often involved a new pair of swimmers with a new Roxy dress over the top and to be honest, my Christmas Day style has not changed much.
There are a few boxes that my Christmas Day outfit needs to tick:
- Must be colourful / sparkly / interesting / festive
- Must be easy to take on and off for the numerous swims that happen throughout the day
- Must be comfortable and easy to sit cross legged in order to assist kids with present giving and receiving
- Must be able to withstand grubby hands, chopping salads and consuming bright coloured cocktails (for me, this means white is not always the best choice)
- Must allow for heightened levels of food and beverage consumption and should not restrict or feel tight around the middle (or should allow for waist loosening if required!)
I’ve put together this collection of dresses which I think would be ideal for Christmas Day and they’re all under $100. You might even be able to wear it again on NYE, a birthday, Australia Day etc etc. I recently purchased number 9 from Target and am looking forward to wearing this on Christmas Day with a tan belt to start with then I can let it go loose after the chocolate mousse
1. Linear print shift dress $99.95 by Country Road; 2. Pastel rain maxi in white $59 by St Frock; 3. Sofia ruffle wrap dress $89.99 by Forever New; 4. Linen boating dress – chambray stripe $35 by Target; 5. Heidi neon floral maxi dress $30 by Boohoo.
6. Lucciola watermelon dress $79 by Blue Bungalow; 7. T back sun dress $99.95 by Witchery; 8. Desert designs for Target landscape tank dress $59 by Target; 9. Layered asymmetrical dress $40 by Target; 10. High-low block stripe dress $99.95 by Country Road.
Looking for more ideas? Check out Styling You’s fantastic guide on What to Wear Christmas Day. Once you’ve chosen your outfit, I recommend a large dose of added bling (more on that next week perhaps!).
What are you planning to wear on Christmas Day? Do you like to frock up?