Looking to add a little more sizzle to your summer wardrobe but don’t want to buy new clothes? Why not try a statement necklace to add more interest across a variety of outfits. Today I have two moodboards of statement necklaces to get your accessory heart pumping. These clever pieces can take a plain outfit from drab to fab in no time!
Tips and ideas for wearing statement necklaces:
- Make the necklace the feature of your outfit and keep the colour of the rest of your outfit or top plain
- Keep the rest of your accessories simple
- For multi-coloured necklaces you could choose a colour from the piece and match it to your shoes for added fun and balance
- Try a sparkly necklace with a casual outfit for fun (sparkly silver looks great with a chambray shirt)
- Statement necklaces look fabulous with all black for a night out
- Try a bold coloured statement necklace with a striped or leopard print top!
For more ideas check out Fox in Flats 7 ways to wear a statement necklace without looking like you raided the dress-up box.
The gold, silver and monochrome collection:
1. Fan metal necklace $29.95 by Katies; 2. Gina rope necklace $34.99 by Forever New; 3. Rope enamel necklace $59.95 by Country Road; 4. Diamond flower necklet $29.95 by Portmans; 5. Metal wrap necklace $59.95 by Witchery; 6. Multi chain bead necklace $12.95 by Collette Hayman; 7. Confetti stone necklace $79.95 by Witchery; 8. Hexagon necklace $59.95 by Witchery; 9. Symmetry necklet $29.95 by Portmans.
The coloured collection:
1. Citrus circle necklace $49 by Blue Bungalow; 2. Resin rope necklace $29.95 by Katies; 3. Short grad bead tassel necklace $14.95 by Collette Hayman; 4. Double wood fan necklace $49.95 by Witchery; 5. Dusk dazzler $30 by Formed Design Co; 6. Narelle deco tort necklace $34.99 by Forever New; 7. Beaded flower necklace in dark blue $29 by Blue Bungalow; 8. Karlie statement stone necklace $34.99 by Forever New; 9. Anannasa handmade material necklace $80 by Blue Bungalow.
Do you like your necklaces to make a statement? Which is your favourite in the collections above?