For the first day of the Australian summer, I thought a moodboard of the brightest summer tones would be appropriate. Did you ever drink a tequila sunrise in your youth? I recall a hideous concoction but the resulting colours were quite a sight to behold!
I say wear these colours with gay abandon in whatever way you choose however if you’d like a few guidelines, here are my thoughts:
- Pair a bright piece with a complementing neutral e.g. hot pink with black, hot orange with navy and bright yellow with white
- A super bright statement piece looks great with neutral shoes
- For a bright patterned piece like a dress or top, you could choose one of the colours from the item and match your accessories to it
- Brights / neons go well with metallic accessories too!
- Why not try a swimsuit in these tones….
So here’s my collection of brights and if you’re feeling the Christmas pinch, you’ll be pleased to know these are all under $100.
How are you celebrating the start of summer? Wearing any bright colours today?