Yesterday I discovered Gorman Clothing. Have you been to one of their stores? Or even checked out the online shop? Their clothes are beautiful. Colourful with gorgeous textures. Some of their pieces are quite pricey but yesterday I could not resist buying their Kate Kosek bizzy bizzy pencil skirt.
I’m not normally a pencil skirt fan. I’m fairly short with rather stocky legs so I tend not to suit the longer length straight skirts. But this one is different. It’s quite high waisted and, made from a cotton stretch fabric, it’s not restrictive or tight. It just fits in all the right places. It’s making the statement: I can wear this pencil skirt!
So I had to make it the feature of today’s Moodboard. The first moodboard for Spring. I’ve found some other more budget friendly tops, shoes and accessories to go with the statement skirt. One side is a more casual look, the other more dressy. Think I might need the pink straw clutch in my life….
1. Modal cotton tank in jade $34.95 by Country Road
2. Lilac bahamas earrings $29 by Blue Bungalow
3. Pique frill top $79.95 by Seed
4. Kate Kosek bizzy bizzy pencil skirt $189 by Gorman
5. Angular thick cut bracelet $34.95 by Rare Rabbit at Birdsnest
6. Baby barrel bag in canary $99.95 by Louenhide at Birdsnest
7. Straw weave clutch bag in pink $30 by Blue Bungalow
8. Harriet sandal in white $79.95 by Country Road
9. Watch chain earring $29.95 by Witchery
10. Misty wedge in natural $59.95 by Lavish at Birdsnest.
I look forward to featuring this skirt extensively on my Instagram feed over the coming months and will share some styling ideas on the blog.
What spring statement are looking forward to making ?