Haven’t printed pants taken the world by storm? I’ll admit to being a laggard when it comes to this style. I think I’ve been scarred by a tie dyed pair I wore to a fair few high school discos back in the 90s (before boho was even a word). But the more I see of them lately, the more I am convinced that printed pants do not look like pyjama pants at all!!
There are some gorgeous prints and styles to try. Lately I’ve set about doing some research into the ideal pair of printed pants and I’m overwhelmed with all the choices!! So today there are two moodboards featuring this style – one with more simple prints and basic colours and the other with some fun detailed design and coloured options.
1. Spot relaxed pant $89.95 by Seed Heritage; 2. Fern print wide leg pant $129 by Country Road; 3. Print geo pant $89.95 by Seed Heritage; 4. Boho Australia blue printed pants $49 by Shabby Sisters; 5. Oblique pant $59.95 by Wish; 6. Mosaic pants $69.95 by WIsh; 7. Woven print harem $99.95 by Seed Heritage.
If you’re looking for something a little brighter, more show ponyesque, try these:
1. Clash print pant $149.95 by Seed Heritage; 2. Artisan pant $99.95 by Fate at Birdsnest; 3. Posey pant $69.95 by Wish; 4. Nancy printed sateen pants $79.99 by Forever New; 5. Liquid leopard pants $59.95 by Mink Pink; 6. Floral printed pocket pant $39.95 by Orientique at Birdsnest; 7. Berry ikat pant $79.95 by Sass at Birdsnest.
Some tips on wearing printed pants:
1. Printed pants are one of the most versatile items of clothing – try them with both heels for a special occasion or flats for a more casual look.
2. Printed pants can be worn to work even if you work in an office. Choose a monochrome print with a more tailored fit, some heels and a shirt and voila you’re set. You could try a more colourful look if your office does casual Friday.
3. I like to keep my top half in a more fitted style if the pants are floaty / wide leg. Seems to balance out the look and give a nice contrast. Similarly if the pants are a slim fit, try a looser and / or longer top for a flattering look.
4. Printed pants can be worn with printed tops! A horizontal striped top looks great with floral pants for example. For more print clash tips, be sure to visit Kimba Likes and How can I wear that. They are the queens of prints and how to wear them.
So…..do you like printed pants? Any of my picks take your fancy?