This week I received my first Leibster award from the very lovely Lisa from Random Acts of Zen. A Leibster award is given from a blogger to other bloggers to help get to know each other better and share it with all readers at the same time (I think I’ve got that bit right..). It’s kinda like a chain letter as I’m supposed to pass it on. More on that below.
I’ve read LOTS of responses by MANY fabulous bloggers lately and when I read them, I can’t help but think about how I would answer the questions. Well whaddya know!! Now I actually do get to publish my answers! Thank you for asking these questions Lisa. Such fun.
1. What was your favourite subject at school?
Looking back, I definitely enjoyed the subjects which allowed me to sit next to my best buds – Japanese and PE were always a laugh and full of fun however, the inner nerd in me probably got the most satisfaction from Maths. I realise now that I enjoyed solving the problems and when I knew my stuff, I actually looked forward to maths exams….Jeepers who was this person!
2. How easily do you wake up when your alarm goes off?
Most days the little lords are my alarm clock. They currently wake between 6.12am and 6.16am EVERY day. Most days I invite the little alarm clocks into our bed for a snuggle which might allow my eyes a few extra minutes to remain closed while my brain registers that it is indeed morning.
3. You could never miss a single episode of which TV show?
Aged 7 to 11 – I couldn’t miss Neighbours (I swore that “Suddenly” by Angry Anderson would be my wedding song). Age 11 – 13: Full House was the bomb. Age 13 – 17: Friends and 90210. Age 18 – 28: Sex and the City. Age 29 – 33: Can’t recall due to pregnancies, breastfeeding, newborns, toddlers etc. Age 34 plus: Game of Thrones and House of Cards. Completely addicted.
4. What’s your go-to dish when you’re asked to bring a plate?
For a morning or afternoon tea occasion, I am very partial to my sultana honey slice. I always get lots of positive feedback. It is so easy I have to share:
1 cup oats
1 cup sultanas
1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tbsp honey
1. Mix dry ingredients together. 2. Melt butter and add honey, mix to combine them. 3. Add wet to dry and combine. 4. Press into slice pan (I like to line mine with baking paper). 5. Bake at 170 degrees for 20 – 25 mins. Cool in pan. Cut into slices.
5. If you could be a character from a favourite book from your childhood, who would you be?
Matilda from Matilda by Roald Dahl. I was completely fascinated by the tiny girl who could read novels at age 2 and use magic to do good things and destroy evil (Mrs Trunchbull). I think I tried to move objects with my eyes like Matilda did but alas no such luck. How good is Roald Dahl. Can’t wait to read some of his stories to my boys.
6. You’re exploring a scenic beachside village. Would you prefer to do it on foot or by bike?
By foot. I would prefer to explore slowly, climb rocks, pop in to shops and stop to chat to people. Might be a small problem because husband would probably zoom past on his bike….
7. The reality TV show that you would absolutely blitz, would be what?
Wish I could say The Block or Masterchef but I’d have no chance (maybe I would if it was slice week on Masterchef :)). I would hate Big Brother and I would hate The Bachelor. Husband and I might make a rather good team on The Amazing Race….but not if we had to eat anything revolting with a slimy texture. Count me out of that. Not even for $50K would I eat a cockroach.
8. Do you prefer your Summer or Winter wardrobe?
Summer – swimmers, shorts, slinky dresses, thongs (flip flops), skirts, singlet tops. The pretty pastel colours are so beautiful in summer too. And the washing is so much easier!
9. What’s your favourite way to relax?
Cup of tea, book/magazine, snuggled on the lounge. OR champagne, book/magazine, basking on a sunlounge or deckchair. But often it’s a walk around the block if I need to escape a house of noisy males on a Sunday afternoon.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Easy – Waikiki. As long as all my family and friends lived there too.
So the next step in the Leibster award process is for me to nominate 10 bloggers to answer my set of questions. I might make a slight rule adjustment and nominate just 5 bloggers as I feel I might contribute to Leibster overload for some So I nominate the following fabulous blogs who I think you might like to learn more about.
My nosey questions to them are:
1. What was the last book you read?
2. Do you shop early for Christmas or leave it to the last minute?
3. Describe your ideal Saturday
4. Favourite breakfast food?
5. What was your first paid job?
6. Which celebrity would you most like as your best friend?
7. Beach or snow for a holiday destination?
8. At school I was known for being good at….
9. Best blogging moment / highlight so far?
10. What skill or talent do you wish you had?
I look forward to reading the responses!