I try to get out and go for a run or a walk/run once or twice a week. I know it’s good for me. And I do feel invigorated when I’m done. I’m not going to harp on about all the amazing reasons to run. Yes it’s good for you physically and mentally. We know that. Here are some other reasons to run that I thought you might find interesting and maybe a tad entertaining….
My top 5 new and improved reasons to go for a run:
- Gets you out of the house at dinner / bath time: I quite like to take an evening run on a Saturday or Sunday when husband is home. Just to remind him of the dinner-bath time shenanigans I endure solo five nights a week.
- Gives you an excuse to buy pretty activewear: Even if you just leave the house and walk for 10 minutes. You will still be putting your activewear to good use and recording good return on investment.
- Become a real estate expert: Catch up on which homes in your neighbourhood are for sale and how they look. Get ideas for external colour schemes, trampoline designs and basketball hoop locations.
- Have a laugh at other people’s conversations: If you run along a fairly busy street / path, the snippets of conversation you’ll catch are priceless. Yesterday I heard “it’s amazing what it’s done for my lower body” and “yes Paris on Tuesday”. Wondering what their lives are like keeps my mind off the puffing and panting.
- Keeps you regular: Active people are less likely to develop colon cancer. Just saying.
Here are my current favourite running quotes
What gets you moving? Do you have any other quirky reasons to add to this list?